Fisher Investments Canada Privacy & Security Policy
What information Fisher Investments Canada collects
Fisher Investments Canada may collect the following information:
- Fisher Investments Canada requires that users who request informational materials supply personal information, including name, address, telephone number and email address prior to receiving such informational materials; this information enables us to provide you with the information you request.
- Fisher Investments Canada collects relevant information on applications and CVs from prospective employees via our careers website.
- Fisher Investments Canada collects information provided orally and in writing via email, mail, online or in person from prospective clients, clients, prospective employees and employees. This includes any financial statements a prospective client may provide, as well as other information necessary to analyze a prospective client’s financial situation.
- Fisher Investments Canada may place ads on publishers’ websites or within email content, either directly through the publisher or via a third party. As a result of users interacting with the advertising content, ad server companies may collect information about users such as domain type, IP address and clickstream data. This information is only identifiable by users’ IP address and is not linked to users’ personal information.
How Fisher Investments Canada uses and shares information collected
Fisher Investments Canada may use the information for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve products and services.
- With users’ consent, for marketing purposes, including direct marketing.
- Fisher Investments Canada or its authorized representatives may follow up by email, phone, or mail with users who request informational materials in order to:
- Provide further information about Fisher Investments Canada
- Send promotional email or mail about services, recent developments, or other information which users may find interesting.
- Invite users to participate in market research.
- Data may also be used to analyze and improve our marketing campaigns.
- To evaluate prospective employees for positions, and to employ its personnel.
- To analyze the financial situation of prospective clients and to provide investment advisory and management services to clients.
- As otherwise permitted by law.
Fisher Investments Canada will not sell or lease users’ personal information to third parties.
Fisher Investments Canada is a US company located in the United States. Accordingly, Fisher Investments Canada transfers information to the United States. This information may be subject to US laws and accessible to US government, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies. Information may be held at Fisher Investments Canada’s office locations as follows:
- 5425, 5525 and 5700 NW Fisher Creek Drive, Camas, Washington 98607, USA
- 13100 Skyline Boulevard, Woodside, California 94062, USA
- 1450 Fashion Island Boulevard, Suite 300, San Mateo, California 94404, USA
Only Fisher Investments Canada representatives who need the information for their job duties will have access, including those whose functions relate to IT, legal, compliance, HR, management, sales, service, and operations.
Fisher Investments Canada may disclose information externally as permitted or required by law, or where users have provided permission. Disclosure and storage outside Canada may occur in the United States or Europe, and would only be for the purposes of assisting Fisher Investments Canada to carry out any purposes listed above.
How to access and rectify information
Users may contact Fisher Investments Canada at any time to request access to information Fisher Investments Canada maintains about them, to rectify any inaccuracies in such information, or to say they no longer want to be contacted by Fisher Investments Canada for direct marketing or other purposes. Fisher Investments Canada can be contacted by mail, email or telephone as follows:
Fisher Investments Canada
ATTN: Marketing – CANADA Privacy
5525 NW Fisher Creek Drive
Camas, Washington 98607
In each case, please ensure that full name and address are provided in exactly the form in which they were originally provided to Fisher Investments Canada to avoid any possible confusion with a different user.
Any questions regarding practices with respect to service providers outside Canada or the collection, use, disclosure or storage of information by service providers outside Canada can be addressed to Executive Vice President, Fisher Investments International at the address above.
A cookie is a small text file downloaded to your device when accessing webpages that use them. Cookies allow a website to store and retrieve information about visitors’ online activity. Cookies are, for example, how a website remembers what display language you chose or what items you put into your online shopping cart.
Cookies can be categorised by who places them:
- First-party cookies: These cookies are downloaded to a user’s terminal equipment from a server or domain managed by the publisher of the website whose service the user is requesting.
- Third-party cookies: These cookies are downloaded to a user’s terminal equipment from a server or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that may be seeking data obtained through cookies.
Cookies can also be categorised by their duration:
- Session cookies: These cookies are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are often used to store information for the duration of a visit to the site (e.g., what account you are logged into).
- Persistent cookies: These cookies store data in the user’s terminal for a period of time determined by the entity controlling the cookie, and can range from a few minutes to several years.
Lastly, cookies can be categorised by the function they serve. Fisher Investments Canada uses the following types of first- and third-party cookies:
- Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your geographic region) and provide enhanced, more personal features or content. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video.
- Analytics Cookies
These cookies analyse how you browse the Fisher Investments Canada site and enable us to measure the number of visitors to the site, as well as to measure and analyze how users interact with the site. We use this information to improve our website and the products or services offered.
- Advertising Cookies
Fisher Investments Canada serves advertisements on various websites using third-party companies. When you visit our website or click on one of our ads, cookies will be placed on your terminal to make advertising more relevant based on your interactions with our website and other websites that you may visit.
How to Manage Cookies
To learn more about behavioural advertising cookies and to opt in or out of multiple advertising networks at once, you can visit the website Your AdChoices.
Some advertising networks do not participate in the Your AdChoices service. To opt out of some of these networks, please visit the consumer opt-out page of the Network Advertising Initiative.
As explained above, cookies help you to get the most out of the websites that make use of this technology. Disabling cookies may affect the functionality of many of the websites you visit. If you do disable cookies, performance and functionality will be affected. If you wish to delete, disable, or re-enable cookies, you may do so through your browser as follows: